Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bridal Falls - May 8



Everything was packed for our Selway trip so we decided to take a detour through the Fraser Valley for a flying day. An excellent choice!

Seems that getting an ENB (1/2) wing has made a big change in my flying (or maybe I was just ready for it after all the floating and bobbing around). I got the Sport 4 in April and the second flight on it lasted 2 hours, with quite a bit of thermalling on a ridge of Cheam to gain enough altitude to make it back to launch.

On the flight today, I explored Upper Launch and Archibald, getting to over 1800 meters (see my google earth track above). Lift was still excellent but Pete was waiting and anxious to start the long drive to Idaho/Montana - so I had to actually work and do some spirals to get down.

While I did two flights (one at Woodside and one at Bridal, see above) Pete did his first Woodside to Bridal (and Elk) flight and second Fraser crossing.