Monday, September 27, 2010

Publications - but no Science Stuff

A skiing friend (from Florida of all places!) just sent an email congratulating me to my article published in the latest issue of the American Whitewater Journal. I had sent in the article for the Wilderness Issue a while ago, about our Tuya trip (one of the first multi-day trips for me back in 2001 or 2002, and more adventurous than most of the following trips since it is very rarely navigated) but hadn’t heard anything back. In the same issue appeared an article of a Vancouver friend and of three other people I know. Small world!

Looking through the list of contents makes me appreciate our home stomping grounds: 4 of the 10 stories are set in British Columbia (AW is based south of the border in the US)! Two of the trips are within (relatively) easy reach from Vancouver (Clendenning and Taseko-Chilcotin-Fraser). The latter does not require a plane shuttle and is of moderate difficulty (I highly recommend the upper part of the trip taking out just above Lillooeet or Gang Ranch – trip report here ).