Friday, March 22, 2013

Hemlock Lady's Day


I lucked out on my latest visit to Hemlock, a small ski resort near Harrison Hot Springs. The North Shore Mountains got rained on, but Hemlock had +30 cm fresh snow. I took my sweet time to contemplate if the conditions warranted the longish drive. But when I drove up the last bit of steep and windy road to increasing amounts of fresh snow I regretted not coming earlier. To my relief the lifts were not moving. And one of them didn’t run all day. So with a little walk over to the side of the closed lift I enjoyed powder turns and face shots all day. On my last two runs just before 6pm I only crossed a couple of other tracks. Almost too good to be true!

A shame to leave all this untracked pow behind, but it was 6pm! My tracks are the two wiggly lines ;-)